Friday, January 28, 2011 | By: Meety

Friendship isn't a big thing.....

Oh my my don't get deceived by the title.. I haven't completed that yet... the saying goes..


Frienship isn't a big thing... its a million little things... Came across these lovely words on this lazy afternoon. Soon after I had a hearty conversation with the only person who understands and relates with the cranky side of me...

$halini: enikku bore adikkunnu, joli cheyyan madi aakunnnu!!!!
           also, urakkkam varunnu :P
me: same pinch :P
       am feeling exactly the same.. am bored.. lazy, in no mood to work.. and too sleepy myself...
       am controlling myself
$halini: sho.... nammude oru karyam! :P
me: lol seriosuly..
      ivarkenda lunch ine shesham power nap ine time thannaal?
      it increases the productivity
      ;-)
$halini: seriously!!!!
           perhaps they know, power nap becomes forever nap! ;)
me: lol ..
      they shd have some plan to keep that in place..
$halini: absolutely!



"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~ C.S. Lewis


and in our case it keeps happening each time we meet/chat/mail..


What do I tell you about this extremely special person in my life???... each time I flash back on my past... the memory that has consistently made me happy.. had been that of my school days.. and the one funny face that keeps popping up when I think of school is Shalini...

We've been friends for more than a decade .... and each time we are together... we feel brand new.. there's a special freshness around our friendship that I really can't talk much about...cuz  I really do not know why or how it feels that way...  maybe its the ease in which we relate to each other ..I mean... I've quite a few friends who needs to be acknowledged.. who needs to be told every now and then that they are special and close to my heart for them to be sure am there for them... I'm basically not a person who is really very expressive... there are very few people with whom I'm comfortable expressing myself.. strangely Shal doesn't fall in that list.. so what?? she doesn't really need to be told I love her or I'll be there for her.. even if I ignore her for months or rather years together.. it will not lead her into thinking I've totally forgotten/ignored her.. she'll presume that I'm busy and will get back asa am done with things.. but there's flaw in there.. what I really want to get rid of her?? God I will have to really convince her then... ;-) kidding shal.....

So today I would like to raise a toast for that special person in my life who needs no recognition/appreciation/expression to know how much I love her and value the special relationsip we share... the special times we've spent and the one's that are yet to come... love you shals..

3 cheers to our 'Seriyaana lose' companionship!!! >:D<
P.S : Shalini had requested me to write a poem in malayalam in fond memories of the atrocious remix peom that I wrote to bunk a unit test back in school... So be prepared to be petrified!!!

5 Thought(s):

Ugri said...

Lovely!
I know there wont be a day when you dont talk/think about Shal.
Touchwood!

Pink Mango Tree said...

Stigs!!!

Why don't you publish the remaining of the same chat conversation?! :P :P

I was looking out for a reason to bunk rest of the day's work. And now I have one! Guess what? I am super-elated reading your post that I don't want to do anything, but just smile at the times we have spent together!! :) :)

Divya said...

'Loosu' reminds of one another thing related to Shal! Lol!! Jus kiddin! Yes, long live this loose friendship!

Cheers!! :-)

Divya said...

'Loosu' reminds of one another thing related to Shal! Lol!! Jus kiddin! Yes, long live this loose friendship!

Cheers!! :-)

Shine said...

Sigma!!! You just refreshed me with this beautiful article about my best friend Ronu ... she is my closest n the best buddy for little less than 2 decades right from 1 std to till date thro' all thicks and trials...our wavelength is so equal that I can most of the time complete half of her sentences n vice versa :) Cheers to my long firendship n yours too ;) :)