Wednesday, March 3, 2010 | By: Meety

I forgot something


We've heard quite a few stories about people forgetting things. Some their home keys, others mobile, wallet and the list goes on. If you notice closely you would know that people usually tend to lose/forget things which are considerably tiny. 


Well until yesterday I was under the notion that people tend to forget things that are usually small in size. Maybe they are too small for us to sense the absence of the same. All such delusions of mine were put to an end yesterday. As I sat in my cab, watching the people outside, smirking at those friends of mine whose cabs was yet to come. Suddenly I got a strange feeling in my mind that I forgot something. Something.. but what???

I tried hard to recollect, I checked for my mobile, it was there in my hands, I checked for my mp3 player, it was there in my laptop bag, where I searched for my wallet and the house keys as well. Everything seems to be in place, then what is it that I’m missing??

My handbag, it was really hard for me to grasp the fact that I had forgotten my bag.. but where?? The realization was too hard for me to take. I was filled with a mixture of emotions; When one part of my mind wanted to laugh of loud at the thoughts of forgetting something soo BIG, the other side was filled with panic, what if I left it somewhere and will not get it back again?? The heights of it all were that my memories failed to gather as to where I'd left my bag.

I called up one of my friends and asked her to check the washrooms. She called back only to make me feel worse, apparently she checked everywhere she could, but in vain. I tried hard and forced myself to remember, but no use. The stubborn brain of mine decided not to co-operate. After a lot of pleading and a promise for a hot oil head massage the coming weekend, it revealed the fact that I had left my bag at a colleague’s desk. I called up my friend and asked her to check at his desk and ah yes she said, there it was right in front of her. She ran down and gave me my precious one, right when the cabs started moving out of the premises.


I thanked God and myself of course, had I not had that ‘I forgot something’ feeling….. So now if you guys ask me what plans for the weekend, I can definitely tell you I'll be paying a visit to Lee's to get myself a hot oil head massage ;-P

Moral of the story : “The increase in probability of forgetting something is not always inversely proportional to the size of the object; there are exceptions which needs to be handled as well



13 Thought(s):

Smilie! said...

Interestingly penned!! Very nicely written Stigs! Looking forward to more of them...

Yeah... so, hot-oily weekend ahead, huh?!

Meety said...

Well!! Thank you sweets and I owe it all to you.. You've been my inspiration to get into bloging :)

Unknown said...

nice one :)

Meety said...

Thanks Azi

Ashi said...

good work..u have become an adipoli blogger..

Meety said...

Thank you Ash :)

Anil Sawan said...

i like the moral of the story :D

Anonymous said...

How was the hot oil head massage??? Well you write well!!! I have already become your fan!!!
And yes, I too forget something or the other everyday

Meety said...

@Anil--- me too
@Anonymous : Well it went well and was followed with Shaan's concert!!! what a treat!! and yeah welcome to the club of forgetful souls... :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems nothing changed... lol. You still are the same old naughty girl....
Enjoyed reading it...

Meety said...

@Amal : Well I've always tried my best to resist the call for change :)

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

For me, it usually ends up being hunting for the cell phone.. it's a short search mind you, because I end up telling the guy I'm talking to ON THE PHONE that I can't find MY PHONE and he gives me a hint ( "try your left hand.. if it ain't there, try your right hand, you moron !!!" )

P.S. Couldn't help but notice the first paragraph I wrote was so similar to this one - Great minds think alike :)

Meety said...

@Dr : Yeah great minds think alike!!!!